Hammers with no inner felt.

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:14:09 +0930

Yamaha also make or have made hammers with no inner felt, and in some =
cases no staples as well LU 90.  C108

Tony Caught
Darwin
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

  'mornin.

  I came across a 're-build' yesterday. Part of the improvements made =
involved
  new hammers, shanks, etc. These hammers had no discerning inner felt. =
I can
  tell the difference between Renners, Abels, Ronsons, etc. from the =
color of
  the inner felt, most of the time.

  Does anyone know what kind of hammer is manufactured with no inner =
felt?
  They sounded fine on new wire(they need a poke here and there), but I =
could
  not tell what kind of hammer they are.

  Anyone?

  -Phil Bondi (Fl.)