NC set screw plate support

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:40:40 -0500

>List, Ron esp.
>
>I have used the set screw plate support system Ron detailed in the Journal
>and on this list some time ago on the last several soundboards I have
>installed.  I now have a S&S B (the first S&S I have done this on) and the
>original plate dowels were little more than 1/8" - 3/16" above the
>soundboard.  I am anticipating a similar plate height over the new
>soundboard.  In the past I simply recessed the soundboard sufficiently to
>accommodate the lock nut.
>
>I was wondering if anybody has a more elegant solution.
>

>Andrew Remillard
>ANRPiano.com

Andrew,
I sure don't. I just countersink the soundboard and move on. I think the
system's pretty elegant already. Actually, I have thought about this some.
A thinner nut, instead of the relatively tall lock nut, held in place with
Locktite (permanent, Threadlocker-262, 270 or it's like) would probably
work just fine. I've been intending to try it and haven't gotten around to
it yet.

Ron N