Damp Chaser ...Again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:15:20 -0500

>Yes flanges shrink.   When I restore a piano with all new flanges, which is
>most of them I go out in one year to tighten all the screws as flanges will
>shrink and loosen.

Will they, or will they crush under the screw in unregulated high humidity
cycles and be too loose as a consequence when they dry down again?

>  It is my common practice.  The damp chaser seems to
>amplify the problem exponentially.
>
>D.L. Bullock

Would those problem Dampp-Chasers be the ones you put in the piano with
those new flanges, or the mis-installed unregulated ones you left there
when you did the restoration? How is it you have Dampp-Chasers you won't
install shrinking the new flanges you do?

Ron N