CA gluing Grand Pinblocks....My take on it/ Richard Brekne

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:08:01 -0700

Richard,
Your statement: "And in the case of the bridge pin there is nothing to exert
any shear force on the CA itself so it should just......."
NOT! How, prey tell, did the bridge become cracked, in the first place?
answer: by the force of the piano wire trying to straighten out at the
bridge pins/bridge! If that ain't shear stress than I don't know what is!
I just made a bridge for a tech, who used CA to "fix the cracked bridge". He
didn't like the look of it and sure as hell didn't like the sound.....So,
New Duplicate Bridge. I won't tell you what it cost, but I ain't a cheap
date.<G> Actually, the duplicated bridge was better than what you would see
in a top notch grand and this was for a Chickering Upright. I know from long
experience, that that bridge will meet/exceed the sound quality of the piano
when it was new. Not braggin', just have found this to be the case.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I'm never lost, because everyone is telling me where to go. <G>