US made Yamaha upright

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

 Dear List,
     I just tuned a new 48 or 50" Yamaha upright at a
church ( forget what model ).  It was clean, shiny and
new, and had a uniform  action.   But, frankly, the
tone lacked "depth". The words "Two Dimensional"
and "Superficial" come to mind. For all of their other
problems, a nasty, clunky, filthy old American upright
from the teens still has more "depth" of tone, more
resonance than this thing does!  That is my subjective
opinion. Can someone put it into objective, scientific
terms and offer an explanation or remedy?
     Respectfully,
     Gordon Stelter