ivorine

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:35:49 -0700

At 11:39 PM 7/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>and am now trying to figure out how to rebuild the wood where it
>peeled off so beautifully (and rapidly, in the blink of an eye), along with
>the top, because I simply wasn't observant/knowledgable enough.  Any
>suggestions on that one?

I've sometimes fiddled with keys or other parts which have large
cavernous hollows where wood is missing by building up a little
surround of masking tape, and laying 5-minute epoxy into it, trying
to smooth it as flat as possible. After 1/2 hour or so to set up,
one can take off the tape, and then sand it flat with the surrounding
keystick.

Welcome to the list, Anne. I've found piano technology to be an
endlessly interesting field, which only expands and gets richer
as one explores it. Like playing the piano, working on pianos seems
capable of filling a whole lifetime.

Susan