Voicing Technique

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:16:10 +0200

Hi Phil... you can also try going in with one needle barely
off the crown and at a slight angle away from parallel to
the the core. You can more or less "pry out" a bit on the
hammer felt from the inside this way. As with anything, too
much will be.... to much. :)

That being said, of late I have begun to develop a bit of
sceptical view to "fast results" needling techniques. Or
perhaps Andres visit here has just got me hooked on trying
to really for real master traditional needling techniques.

Phil Bondi wrote:

> There was alot of sizzle(for lack of a better word) at FFF on various notes.
>
> -Using a single needled tool, deep needle twice on either side of the strike
> point, around 10:00..
> -1 deep needle per side into the side of the hammer, as close to the strike
> point without seeing the needle.
>
> This gave favorable results..actually, darn good results.

My only comment would be to check how long your results
hold, and how the technique contributes to hammer wear and
tear. Otherwise... what works....works. :)