CA gluing Grand pinblocks & Uprights My take on it

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:17:22 -0400

In a message dated Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:20:42 +1000, jurjens@ozemail.com.au writes:

> A specific technique that you wish to share?
> Or that you wish to keep secret?

I wondered if anyone would catch that after my earlier EM about sharing secrets!

Bill Bremmer wrote;

This also is the reason why CA glue is good for repairing stripped screw holes.  I usually put some glue in the stripped hole, dip the screw in the catalyst, then insert the screw.  It goes in easily but within seconds, the glue is cured and initially, the screw is stuck.  But one turn with a screwdriver and the initial bond is broken, leaving a filled gap and a sticky surface.  The repaired screw hole often feels like it had been plugged with hard rock maple and redrilled.  If a first attempt at this is less than satisfactory, then a repeat attempt will often work.

I don't know how Bill found out the technique I have never told anyone.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW