Water-Base Laquer

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:03:04 -0400

At 09:22 AM 6/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I guess that as long as you don't feel the need to get every last spec of
>stuff out of the grain (and I don't on this job) it should work fine.
>Terry Farrell

You'd be surprised at how much of the grain is exposed from scraping and
sanding. The benefit to having left some material deep in the pores
is that it is a base for your filler.  Since you did not soften it with a
liquid stripper, you don't have to worry about it leaching up into the finish.

Less work, more gain.
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.