Graduated Downweight

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:19:59 -0400

Most (I think) manufacturers claim to graduate the DW along the keyboard, having the bass a little greater DW than the high treble. For example, I think a well-known manufacturer in NY targets a DW of 52 grams in the bass to 48 grams in the high treble. If one were doing the component action balancing and wished to have a graduated DW, what do you graduate? I have always heard of having constant BWs, so your only choice then is to graduate Friction. How does anyone handle that?

Terry Farrell