etd tunings

Lee Sankey lsankey@cox.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:50:48 -0700

You can't tune a Baldwin Acrosonic.

Lee Sankey
San Diego
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: etd tunings

> FWIW, I tuned a Baldwin Acrosonic today for a new client. First time I
have seen the piano. It's one of those 40" or so spinets. She says she knows
for a fact that it had been at least 12 years since the last tuning -
because the last time was when she was in CA. Sounded pretty convicing that
she was sure of the timing. When I talked to her on the phone, I told her
that she could expect to also pay for a pitch raise.

> Darned if that thing wasn't just about right on the button on each note.
95% of the notes were easily within 2 cents of target (Verituner). There
were only a half-dozen or so that were perhaps 4 cents off. Only the bottom
octave was a bit flat - up to 10 or 15 cents.