Acrosonic (was etd tunings)

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:30:19 -0400

Lee,

Would you please elaborate a little?  I don't see how you can justifiably make
such a statement unless you would also include half or more of the pianos out
there.  I have tuned a couple dozen Acrosonics and I don't find them any more
difficult than the average.  Then of course there are the differences between
the old Acrosonic spinets and the later model consoles by the same name.  How
many have you tuned, and which are you talking about?

Regarding Terry's comments below, I have concluded that most pianos will not
drop in pitch much if they were ever tuned faithfully enough previously to truly
stabilize.  I have run into the same phenomenon.  The vast majority of pianos I
service have been getting at least annual tunings for years, and they are
usually very close to where I left them a year earlier.  Now if the owners would
switch to six-month tunings, there would be a lot of humidity-related variation.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT