Tuning Complaint - Help!

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:45:42 EDT

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com (Farrell) writes:

> Just curious, have you ever tuned/serviced a "Grand" console/spinet? Truely
> an experience! I assume not if you say Whitney is at the bottom of the
> heap!   :-)

You're right, Terry, there are much worse pianos than even the worst the
Kimball made.

> And this I can say after spending 6 hours today servicing a 1960s Aeolian
> spinet in a Missionary Baptist church downtown! 9 strings, regulation,
> pitch raise, tune. YIKES!  But the $$$ makes me

Now you've got the right attitude!  Believe me, the experienced gained doing
good work on this lesser instrument will pay off when you get the opportunity
to work on the finest.  I have a place where I draw the line and there are
instruments I really dread working on but I don't make a lifestyle out of
griping about them.  They still fill out my schedule and thus contribute to
my bottom line.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin