ethical behavior

Don Rose pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 09:04:50 -0600

Hi Terry,

I am not a piano tuner. I am an educator. I do exactly that. I use RCT
extensively in my practise. It is quick and easy to offer them a "visual"
graph of what an HT appears to be vs ET. Some choose to dip their toes in
the waters of HT. I have only had one client object to the sound (btw they
choose the De Morgan temperament--which is a reverse well)--but because
they had "requested" an HT, I was paid to "restore" their piano to ET.

At 08:57 AM 06/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello Don. Do you tell each customer you tune for that you will be using
equal temperament guidelines to tune their piano? And if by chance you do
(which I can't imagine), how do you handle the 99%+ of your clients who ask
equal whaaaaaat? ("Hey dude, I just want this here pie-anner tuned, OK?")

>Terry Farrell

topic.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca