Cunningham?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:55:01 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/02 12:36:48 AM !!!First Boot!!!, ssclabr8@flash.net
writes:

> I just got a call to come over and tune/inspect a Cunningham baby grand.
> I'm relatively new to the business and haven't run across this name before.
>  The owner got it from someone free of charge.  I asked her how it sounded
> and she said she wasn't sure because she was tone deaf (this should be a
> real fun visit!)
>
> She did say it looked very old and she knew that it hadn't been tuned in
> years.  Anybody heard of this make?  Anything I should watch out for?
>
> Thanks,
> Corte Swearingen

Corte

Be prepared for a basket case. Nothing against the brand name, because it
doesn't ring a bell, although I have probably tuned a couple over the last 25
years. But the fact that they got it free, and that they are tone deaf, gives
me reason to believe that this is a piece of furniture on three legs, and
probably not a pretty piece of furniture at that.

Good luck

Wim