piano refinishing

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:52:35 EDT

Willem,
      I believe that piano tuners/technicians should first strive to be the
best we can be at being tuners and technicians. I also believe there may be
other piano tuner/technicians who also want to know the techniques of piano
refinishing which is much more difficult than just ole furniture finishers. I
don't believe this phase of the business should be neglected nor put on the
same page as spark plug wire replacement or what ever. How ever I strongly
agree that our PTG organization , our PTG Journal and our list is not the
place for the person who is only a refinisher. Now, how do we share chapter 3
with those technicians who wish to learn. I guess we don't , can't, or won't.
Evidently furniture refinishers have infiltrated our organization of highly
skilled folks. I didn't know this. Therefore I will keep the secrets of piano
refinishing....secret.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.