Water-Base Lacquer

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 01:31:00 -0400

At 12:33 AM 6/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Mark,
>         This could well be what I have been experiencing. On my last job
> I was afraid to sand down too much as I had gone through the veneer once
> already and I'm not very good, yet , at patching areas like that. I
> didn't want to make another problem for myself so I treated any
> additional sanding very gingerly.
>
>Greg

Sanding techniques will be covered in the upcoming articles. But for a
little preview...

Don't use a block larger than the surface you are sanding.
Don't sand 'off' an edge but just up to it.

Watch the surface, notice the high spots. Sand with the block to a point
then switch to hand-held paper.

More later...
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician