Broken string repair

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 06:31:17 -0400

Hazen,

If the remaining end of the string is long enough, I would do the splice
with the string already in the piano and through the pressure bar.  But
in a spinet you're likely not to have enough room to work.  In that case
(and I've never faced it) I would probably replace the string.  There'a
a limit to what flesh and blood can endure.

Regards, Clyde