Cunningham?

James Baker JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 07:27:47 -0400

I have tuned a Cunningham once a year for the last ~10 years in a =
restaurant bar.  It has needed work since I first saw it, but all these =
years later and being played 6 nights a week, it still works and holds =
tuning fairly well.  The only work approved by the owner has been =
reattaching the lyre after it fell off.

James Baker
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SUSAN P SWEARINGEN=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 8:04 PM
  Subject: Cunningham?

  Hi Everyone,

  I just got a call to come over and tune/inspect a Cunningham baby =
grand.  I'm relatively new to the business and haven't run across this =
name before.  The owner got it from someone free of charge.  I asked her =
how it sounded and she said she wasn't sure because she was tone deaf =
(this should be a real fun visit!)

  She did say it looked very old and she knew that it hadn't been tuned =
in years.  Anybody heard of this make?  Anything I should watch out for?

  Thanks,
  Corte Swearingen