transporting tools

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:07:19 -0400

Ship ahead.  Spare yourself the grief of answering questions about anything
the security people don't recognize.  Spare yourself the bother of hauling
all that weight before you check in and after you leave the baggage claim
area.  Insure the shipment in the off-chance it gets lost ....

Call ahead to the hotel -- they'll tell you how to address shipments to
their guests.

So far, shipping ahead has been more reliable than bringing luggage.  A few
years ago, my checked luggage got lost but the shipment was waiting for me
at the hotel.  (The lost luggage did turn up intact a few days later.)

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Neuman" <piano@charlesneuman.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 12:11 PM
Subject: transporting tools

A while ago there was a thread on transporting tools on airplanes. I
suppose bringing a voicing tool in my carry-on baggage is out of the
question these days. :)

I guess we're left with checking things through, eh? Or mailing stuff
ahead of us. Do you lock your luggage, or does that attract suspicion?

Charles