transporting tools

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:39:33 -0400

Oh yes, to continue my earlier response ....

Bring along some packaging tape, mailing labels, shipping forms (if doing
Fed-Ex or UPS) so you can ship stuff back from the hotel.  Sometimes boxes
can be found for free, and sometimes a concession stand somewhere will sell
boxes of various sizes.

Again, work out with the hotel staff to find out what arrangements they may
have for guest shipments.  If my experience is anything to go by, I shipped
home a 25-lb box of new tools and paper hand-outs after the convention in
Kansas City.  It was a little expensive having the hotel make the
arrangements, but it spared me the problem of trying to cram that stuff into
my luggage for the trip home.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Neuman" <piano@charlesneuman.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 12:11 PM
Subject: transporting tools

A while ago there was a thread on transporting tools on airplanes. I
suppose bringing a voicing tool in my carry-on baggage is out of the
question these days. :)

I guess we're left with checking things through, eh? Or mailing stuff
ahead of us. Do you lock your luggage, or does that attract suspicion?

Charles