transporting tools

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:17:46 -0400

Charles,

I started the thread you are asking about.  My flights went without a
hitch, even with several plane changes.

I have a nice briefcase style kit with locking clasps.  I locked my
tool kit and checked it as baggage.  They didn't care much about it
at all but they went through my carry on in a big way.  I had a tiny
pair of hair trimming scissors in my carry on bag.  They took that
and all but strip searched me but the tool kit never had a problem.
Nobody even asked me to open it for inspection.  The damn thing
weighs fifty pounds and is full of metal tools, probably lit up their
x-ray like a Christmas tree, but they were too concerned about what I
might have on the back of my belt buckle.  Go figure.

chris
--
Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
School of Music, Ohio University