Belarus ????

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:22:43 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/02 8:33:45 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ulrich@rangenet.com
writes:

> The "dealer" shows these PSO's out of the basement of what used to be his
> store, and by appointment only. I can't express more in this forum without
> getting close to a potential legal situation. Suffice to say if he avoids
> me in the future...wait a minute, come to think of it I don't think I've
> gotten more than a half a dozed referrals from him in 17 years. Not much to
> lose there. The customer however can be a lifetime relationship on a
> regular basis, not to mention the positive press via word-of-mouth he/she
> can provide.
>
> Roy Ulrich

Roy

Just as you are reluctant to say more about the "dealer," because of a
potential legal situation, if you get in between the customer and the dealer,
he WILL exercise his legal rights. Although you have only gotten a half a
dozen referrals in the past 17 years, you can rest assure that if you make
him look bad, you'll surprised how damaging he can be with his negative
recommendations. Somehow customers will listen to a "dealer" more than to a
technician. If a customer does battle with him, only the customer will get a
bad name. But if you do battle, you'll get the bad name. And that is
something you can't afford. By the same token, if you help the customer,
she'll be eternally grateful, and give you many recommendations, as you
indicated.

The bottom line is, as Jack, Patrick and I have recommended, don't get in the
middle of this. Give the customer advice, but let her do the negotiating.

Wim