piano refinishing

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 08:46:13 -0400

At 10:26 PM 6/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>These come readily to mind, and there are likely more.  One advantage that
>solvent lacquer has, in my opinion, is that it is true that it lays down a
>bit flatter (more level), requiring slightly less rubbing out.

No so with the material which has been used in our shop for many years.
When Dale and Trix stopped by while they were in the area I show them a piece
which was sprayed and not yet rubbed out. No orange peel to speak of.

I my experience there is far less running out.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com