theRe: need more info in the journal

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 09:28:13 -0500

>...a big reason reason I
>stay in PTG and pay the dues (only $55 of which, admittedly, is for the
>Journal) is for the ongoing information -- hopefully mostly technical -- in
>the Journal every month...
>         --David Nereson, RPT, Denver

Dave, Nereson,

Of course being a Registered Piano Technician in the Piano
Technicians Guild and the associational recognition that comes with
it doesn't have much to do with you staying a member, neh?

I would rebuff the content claims you have made comparing the early
80s' with current times. Sounds like the old typewriter to the
computer mentality philosophy.

It's a newer age, and with that come newer ways of doing things that
become blended in with the old, and/or even end up completely
replacing the old. It's nothing more than just another journey
through the desert.

I applaud the current PT Journal folks for a fantastic job in their
publishing efforts! It's way out of my realm to consider the task of
doing such a thing.

Anyone who doesn't think the personal currently in charge don't
measure up, step up to the plate and show us the money.

Those are my early Sunday morning observations on the subject.

Cordially,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731