Walter Piano Company Tour

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:00:04 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/02 12:37:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com (Farrell) writes:

> Tell us a little bit about it. I assume you think it is worthwhile being
> that you would consider going back? I have never had a factory tour
> anywhere and don't really know what to expect. Is it of good educational

Terry, a piano factory tour anywhere is a worthwhile and fascinating
experience for us piano technicians.  Someday you'll have to get to Steinway
and also take their week long training course.

The Walter factory will be especially interesting because of its uniqueness
and following a week at the Convention.  Unlike a huge mass production
facility, the Walter factory uses a traditional approach to piano building.
You'll see the areas where the wood is cut, stored and kiln dried.  You'll
see the plates being finished and prepped.  I always find watching stringers
and regulators work the most fascinating.  When you can do everything as fast
and accurately as a factory worker, you're at top level.  Even the rub down
department is revealing in how much painstaking, dirty, dusty work is
involved in making the case look beautiful.

You can take a virtual tour now or any time by visiting the Walter piano
website at:

http://www.walterpiano.com/

Click on the Tour icon to take the virtual tour.

I have owned a Walter piano since February 1996 and truly love the
instrument.  It has a factory installed PianoDisc system.  With a
Dampp-Chaser humidity control system, it stays in tune for months at a time.
It's tone is rich, clean, clear and with surprising depth for its size.  It
is the piano I most often recommend for customers of modest means who want a
quality piano that will last a lifetime.  I hold many rehearsals and host
get-togethers in my home when music is played on it and the musicians are
always impressed with what the Walter piano is able to deliver.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin