Improving the Journal

Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:30:08 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: June 10, 2002 7:53 AM
  Subject: Re: Improving the Journal

  Wim, Del,

  I've taken classes from both of you, and I appreciate your time, =
effort, and generous sharing of knowlege greatly.  It really emphasizes =
the "Guild" nature of the PTG in a warm and communal way.  I was =
surprised to find that not only do instructors not get paid, they have =
to pay to get into the convention as well.

  --Cy Shuster, TSO--
  Rochester, MN

If you understood from my rant that instructors are required to pay =
regristration for the convention, my apology. I didn't intend to put =
that idea across. Instructors are not required to pay registration fees =
for the Big Convention. (I have been asked to fly to cities on the other =
side of the country from my home and pay for my own transportation and =
lodging so I could have the pleasure of instructing at a couple of =
regional conferences, however.)=20

Which is a good thing, since instructing does take occupy one for a =
considerable amount of time during the class schedule. (Depending on the =
class load, of course.) And, invariably the classes one wants to attend =
are conducted at the same time as one is instructing. Sigh....

Del