Backcheck felt

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:19:39 -0700

Yes it is maddening to order backcheck felt for an old upright and get this
wimpy Spinet backcheck felt--It is too thin and too narrow.  You must order
Bellyman felt sold for understring felt (for Steinway, I believe).  It comes
in three thicknesses and sizes often in one package.  You have to buy two
sizes you don't need to get the one strip you do need.    I believe I found
Schaff had it in a plastic bag with a longer strip. I would like to just buy
a 12 inch roll of it but that is not offered by anyone.  The strip is
exactly the right width and thickness and density to use the felt guillotine
to cut to size to match old upright check felt perfectly.

D.L. Bullock
www.thepianoworld.com
St. Louis