10 excuses....

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:42:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/02 12:45:56 AM !!!First Boot!!!, mkurta@adelphia.net
writes:

> It would be interesting to poll PTG members (both associates and RPT) as to
> why they don't attend national conventions.  After going to seven, I seem
> to see the same faces year after year.  Curious......
>
> My picks for reasons folks don't attend conventions.
>     1.  Not interested
>     2.  Costs too much
>     3.  Too far away
>     4.  I know enough already
>     5.  I'll lose too much business when away
>     6.  I'm shy and not a good mixer
>     7.  Can't get away
>     8.
>     9.                               YOUR CHOICE......
>     10.
>
>                   Mike Kurta, RPT

Mike

I am curious, are these your excuses, or these the excuses you have heard
others give as to why they don't attend the PTG convention?

I see the same faces year after year, too. I call them the perennials. They
keep popping up year after year. These people have become my friends, and
when I travel around the counrtry, I know I can stop by and see them. On our
way to Portland, Oregon several years ago, my wife and I satyed with several
friends, and had meals with several more. And when we're going to New York in
a couple of weeks, We're having dinner with four of them.

As far as #4 is concerned, the day I think I know enough, is the day I'll
stop working, because I don't want to cheat my customers.

As for 8, 9, and 10. How about: 8. I don't care enough about my customers to
give them the very best. 9. I've always done it that way before, so it's got
to be the best way. And last but not least, 10. I'm too stupid to know
better.

Wim