10 excuses....

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:55:57 -0400

    Wim:
    These are actual excuses I have heard from others.  Terry is right, =
why anyone seriously involved in this professional would not take =
advantage of a great opportunity like a national convention eludes me.  =
We are fortunate there IS a convention of this caliber for such a small =
organization, and equally fortunate to even HAVE PTG.  Many occupations =
larger than ours have no such group.
    Mike
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 11:42 PM
  Subject: Re: 10 excuses....

  In a message dated 6/11/02 12:45:56 AM !!!First Boot!!!, =
mkurta@adelphia.net writes:=20

    It would be interesting to poll PTG members (both associates and =
RPT) as to why they don't attend national conventions.  After going to =
seven, I seem to see the same faces year after year.  Curious......=20

    My picks for reasons folks don't attend conventions.=20
       1.  Not interested=20
       2.  Costs too much=20
       3.  Too far away=20
       4.  I know enough already=20
       5.  I'll lose too much business when away=20
       6.  I'm shy and not a good mixer=20
       7.  Can't get away=20
       8.  =20
       9.                               YOUR CHOICE......=20
       10.=20

                     Mike Kurta, RPT              =20

  Mike=20

  I am curious, are these your excuses, or these the excuses you have =
heard others give as to why they don't attend the PTG convention?=20

  I see the same faces year after year, too. I call them the perennials. =
They keep popping up year after year. These people have become my =
friends, and when I travel around the counrtry, I know I can stop by and =
see them. On our way to Portland, Oregon several years ago, my wife and =
I satyed with several friends, and had meals with several more. And when =
we're going to New York in a couple of weeks, We're having dinner with =
four of them.=20

  As far as #4 is concerned, the day I think I know enough, is the day =
I'll stop working, because I don't want to cheat my customers.=20

  As for 8, 9, and 10. How about: 8. I don't care enough about my =
customers to give them the very best. 9. I've always done it that way =
before, so it's got to be the best way. And last but not least, 10. I'm =
too stupid to know better.=20

  Wim=20