10 excuses....

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:09:09 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/02 7:41:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
mkurta@adelphia.net (Mike Kurta) writes:

> It would be interesting to poll PTG members (both associates and RPT) as to
> why they don't attend national conventions.  After going to seven, I seem
> to see the same faces year after year.  Curious......
>
> My picks for reasons folks don't attend conventions.
>     1.

You got it right with the very first one.  There may be some great
opportunities for newer people in the business and those interested in
rebuilding but for those interested in advances in tuning, this year's line
up is the absolute PITS!  I have far better things to do than go listen to
the same old thing over and over.

What's more, there seems to be a prohibition against making such a criticism
just as there is for daring to think that there may be better ways to tune
than what the good ol' boys running PTG want the membership to know about.
There is the right of free speech, however and knowing full well that using
that right can bring on backlash, I still prefer to say what's on my mind.

I'll go to the Convention again when there is something on the schedule worth
going for.  Please skip all the "hurt feelings" comments about all the
unpaid, volunteer time the Convention planners put in.  Also, don't bother
writing any public demands that I quit posting to this List.  I think there
has been some concerted negative energy put into what *not* to allow and what
*not* to offer.  If that same energy were channeled more positively, it would
be a far different picture.

I'm not going because I'm just plain NOT INTERESTED!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin