10 excuses....

Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:46:42 -0500

billbrpt,

At 09:09 06/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>My picks for reasons folks don't attend conventions.
>>    1.  Not interested
>
>You got it right with the very first one.  There may be some great
>opportunities for newer people in the business and those interested in
>rebuilding but for those interested in advances in tuning, this year's
>line up is the absolute PITS!  I have far better things to do than go
>listen to the same old thing over and over.

<snip of normal blah-blah-blah>

There's an expression which comes to mind:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

If things are soooooo boring, why don't you do some research and teach an
interesting course or two of your own?

Some time ago, I offered you a chance to do an HVLP tuning demo at the
recent regional seminar. (I arranged for many of the instructors/classes,
and thus was qualified to give that as a serious offer) - I'm sure the
attendence at the seminar would have been WAY up just to see both of us on
the same stage... ;-}

Silence.

Tim Farley gave well attended and interesting classes there - I didn't see
you...

I even prepared an HT concert given on a harpsichord AND a fortepiano - two
different temperaments - I suppose that would have been too boring, too?

>I'm not going because I'm just plain NOT INTERESTED!

I'll miss you.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Decorah, IA - Designing and testing virtual flamesuits since 1993.