Piano Lifter

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:46:22 -0400

This looks like a deluxe version of a doohickey that I bought used from a local tech. It works reasonably well. The big advantage is that one person can do it all. I find that I need to put a strap around the base of the piano to keep the doohickey from slipping out. The one on your web site looks like it has a larger shelf to slide under the piano - perhaps it would stay better. I don't know that the devise would have much advantage over a good upright tilter. The one reason I use mine sometimes is for pianos that don't have any wheels on them and I want to tuck them into a corner where there isn't enough room for tilting.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Jamison" <mortier@netreach.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 6:54 AM
Subject: Piano Lifter

I see an interesting upright piano moving device offered in europe. To see a picture, go to http://www.fletcher-newman.co.uk/ and look in the catalogue under "moving and lifting equipment". It fits under each end of the piano like an organ dolly, but it lifts with a crank handle. My question is: does anyone in the US sell these?

Philip Jamison Pianos
West Chester, PA