Dr. says no more piano work 8^(

Surfbest mstory@teclatech.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:01:22 -0700

Greetings fellow listies,

After a year and a half of treatment attempts, I've had to retire from piano
work entirely. It's been 29 great years, full time - 24 as RPT. On Feb. 5 I
was told (by Catbert the evil HR director)that I had to leave my university
position - and at the same time I gave the symphony notice. If you're
interested in my particular ailment, drop me an e-mail line - I'm not going
to bore everyone here with it.

In anticipation of this, about 20 months ago I started an office technology
business that I could run from my home office. At first this was necessarily
part-time - selling the occasional computer system or Internet service to a
piano client or neighbor. Since Feb, however I have had to work at this full
time. It seems that I may have to rely on this entirely for my income. I'd
be grateful if you could help me out in this by checking my e-commerce web
site: www.smbnw.com to see if there is some way I can help you with your
business. The site speaks for itself - however, included are all sorts of
computer hardware and software, office products, telecommunications products
and on-line training courses. In a special piano tech. page,
www.smbnw.com/piano_technicians.htm (there is an underscore between piano
and technicians), I have highlighted a sample of products that are
particularly applicable to techs. I have plans in the near future to make
some exclusive offers to my PianoTech friends (like a drawing for a free
portable printer, soon), so keep checking.

I plan to keep lurking here in the list - keeping up on what my friends are
doing, and contributing when I have something constructive to say. Thanks in
advance for your help.

Mark Story
SMB Northwest

P.S. Since it seems that our list is not invisible to spam crawlers, I'm not
printing my e-mail address here. Just log on to the site and got to "contact
us" from one of the menus.