Astin-Weight

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:49:48 -0600

    Has anyone serviced newer Astin-Weight consoles?  They used to be
considered a fairly decent, maybe even good to excellent American make, but
I've tuned only one,  maybe 18 years ago.  I heard one bit of hearsay that
the newer ones are pretty terrible, but what they meant by that, I don't
know.  Are they at least as "good" as yer average Korean piano (Young Chang,
Samick, etc.)?  A customer is considering buying one at a considerable
discount, compared to buying at a piano dealer, since the factory will ship
it direct.  TIA for any info.   --David Nereson, RPT, Denver