theRe: need more info in the journal

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:45:23 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <kam544@flash.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: theRe: need more info in the journal

> >...a big reason reason I
> >stay in PTG and pay the dues (only $55 of which, admittedly, is for the
> >Journal) is for the ongoing information -- hopefully mostly technical --
in
> >the Journal every month...
> >         --David Nereson, RPT, Denver

> Of course being a Registered Piano Technician in the Piano
> Technicians Guild and the associational recognition that comes with
> it doesn't have much to do with you staying a member, neh?

    I said "a big reason", not "the only reason".

> I would rebuff the content claims you have made comparing the early
> 80s' with current times. Sounds like the old typewriter to the
> computer mentality philosophy.

    I went through several issues from the early 80's and several recent
ones, tabulating number of pages devoted to the various categories, then
added up and averaged and came up with those generalized observations which
are fairly accurate -- not just "impressions" from my memory.

> I applaud the current PT Journal folks for a fantastic job in their
> publishing efforts!

    So do I.  The Journal is great.  It just has a lower percentage of
technical information than it used to.

> Anyone who doesn't think the personal [that's 'personnel'] currently in
charge don't
> measure up, step up to the plate and show us the money.

    I have no complaints about the Journal staff.    --David Nereson, RPT,
Denver