quick advice on damperlever replacement

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:56:17 EDT

I'm replacing the plastic damper levers/flanges on an Ivers&Pond console this
coming week.  (Damper felts also need replacing.)

So, my question is:

What would be simpler/easier?  Replacing the damper levers WITH damper wires?
 (Putting the old damper heads on the new wires and bending every darn one of
them) or replacing the damper levers withOUT damper wires and inserting the
old wires into the new damper levers?

I guess my real question is:  how are damper wires attached to the levers, by
glue, or just sticking 'em in there?  I can't imagine how difficult or easy
this might be, never having done it or thought about it before.

A secondary issue/question: I'll be replacing the plastic jacks, too. I'm
thinking it'll be easier/quicker to replace the flanges too.  Just soak the
old ones off and glue the new ones on.  Agree?

Thanks.  I'm waiting for a response before I order the parts.  (So answer me
QUICK, darnit!)

Tom Sivak

P.S.

The difference in price between the above options is negligible, and th
erefore not an issue.