FW: damp chasers

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:14:29 -0500

The last few e-mails have not read To:pianotech like before.  What gives?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Lafargue [mailto:lancelafargue@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 8:13 PM
To: 'Matt McWilliams'
Subject: RE: damp chasers

The 50 watt is hotter, but not double the amount of thermal heat.  The rod
does get hot and I can see the possibility of (especially if it's installed
closer to the wire) that it could change the pitch a bit.  I'm not too sure
about 4 cents, though.  I have e-mailed Dampp-chaser and will pass along any
info/data I can get.  I think if you have more power it runs less time and
holds it at 42% more consistently.  Again, the A/C example....  I imagine a
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 BTU air conditioner would possibly frost you beer
to your hand for a moment, though.

P.S.  I always install them as low as possible, clearing the pedal stuff,
and toward the front/kickboard.  Dampp-chaser has pictures of installations,
schematics, etc., none are clipped under the keybed, probably for some good
reason (one being that lots of the heat would run out of the crack above the
kickboard and under the keybed, rather than disperse throughout the piano
more evenly).  Again, I pass along any additional info.
lance