Service Vehicle

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:26:41 -0300

Hi Clyde,
I am obviously, not Terry. But, I tried one today.
I had thought the PT Cruiser, a very versatile vehicle, with the fold
down, and easily removable seats.
I was looking for a vehicle for my wife. So I test drove one of them
today. I still think they are a versatile vehicle. But, I think they
are overpriced, and underpowered. The gas mileage is lousy,  also the
noise level is high. She didn't like it, and she felt cramped.
My wife's 94 Chrysler Concorde, gets the same mileage. So maybe we
will just stick with the Concorde. I have my minivan.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clyde Hollinger" <cedel@supernet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: Service Vehicle

| Terry,
|
| Does my memory serve me correctly that, once before when we
discussed vehicles, you were impressed with the PT Cruiser?  If so,
now's your chance!  I know they've been around for a little while, but
they still get noticed.

| Regards, Clyde
|
| Farrell wrote:
|
| > I need to buy a service vehicle. I spend half my time making
service calls to homes, churches, etc. My service area seems to be a
circle about 20 miles in diameter. I am looking for recommendations.
What vehicle do you use, and why do you think it is a good vehicle for
piano servicing?

| > I had been using a mid-sized sedan. I could put a grand action in
the trunk or on the back seat. That seems to be my basic criteria - I
need to carry my tools and also be able to place an action into the
vehicle.

| > My new vehicle will likely be one made in the past ten years - I
am considering new or used.

| > No Suburban Assault Vehicles (SUVs). I hate vans - YUK! Seems to
me I either go with a small/mid-sized wagon or get a tank (Lincoln
Town Car, Crown Victoria LTD, etc.). I definately want a car.

| > Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
| >
| > If the roads were not so darn crowded, I would ride my bike - like
Antares!