Service Vehicle

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 06:25:05 -0400

John,

I wasn't necessarily *recommending* the Cruiser.  But different people
have different tastes, and what's important to one may be of no importance
to another.

I drove one for three days as a rental ($20 per day since the company had
run out of ordinary cars) after one of our two cars was totalled by a
drunk driver.  It was fun to have people trying to figure out whose it was
when it was parked in the church parking lot!  After the service I filled
it up with kids and drove in a circle, and we all had a blast.

But it's not what I would choose to own.  I drive a 1998 Buick Century,
which is my type of car at this stage of life, and I really like it.
Since my niche is primarily on-location tuning and repair, I can keep 99%
of the tools and parts I need in the trunk all the time, and I can even
maneuver a piano tilter into the car when I need it.

In choosing a service vehicle it was important to me to buy something that
wasn't only practical but also one I would enjoy driving, since a good
part of my day is spent doing just that.  In addition, my service vehicle
is also my personal vehicle.  The set of wheels I chose was a good choice
for me.

Regards, Clyde