Strauch Actions.

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:38:57 EDT

Hello Carole,

   Peter Strauch  left Germany for America with his
family when he was fifteen years old. From N.Y.City.
 They made their way to Albany N.Y.  In 1850 he was
employed by the action maker F. W.  Frickinger. He
worked there until 1861. He then left for N.Y. City
where he found work in various piano factories. In 1867
Peter and his Brother William started  "The Strauch Bros.
 Action Co."
    This Company made high quality actions and was
very successful.  Peter retired in 1907 turning the
business over to his two sons  Albert and William.
     I have not found any reference indicating that
Peter had worked for the Decker & Sons Piano Co.
who was in N.Y. City.  The Decker Bros. Piano Co.
(no relation) was in Chicago.
      I am still rebuilding  "Strauch Bros." actions.
The last one was in a   Conover  77.
      Bill Maxim is a good source of information.

Regards,

Jack Wyatt