service vehicles

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:32:54 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clair Dunn" Subject: service vehicles

> With the big car, I put a thin sheet of plywood on the rear seat
> which made it easy to slide the actions across it.

Take it a step further...
I used to have a Toyota Camry wagon, the ultimate in relibility and
practicalness. I had made a plywood rack for actions which measured in
length the distance from the back of the front passenger seat to the stradle
the back seat (and then some). I cut 2 holes which fitted snuggly in the
front seat head rest holes. The head rest was then put back in their
respective place which  helped anchor the rack in one position. The back of
the rack had destination dowels which went into the back seat head rest
holder. Obviously when hauling actions I removed the back head rest.
At any rate this was a real breeze to  slide the actions in and out from the
back of the car.
Ended up getting rid of the car when it hit 248,000 miles.
Unfortunately Toyota stop making Camry wagons.
Now it's a Ford Explorer with a (even) neater modified back area for tools
and action.
By the way this post is of great interest to me as I'm always curious as to
how many of you have solved the tool storage and accessibility dilemna. I'm
temped to take a picture of the back of my Explorer as an example of one way
which is extremely practical and friendly.
Tom Servinsky,RPT