service vehicles

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 05:16:15 -0500 (CDT)

Terry--
Before I got into moving pianos and bought a used 3/4 ton truck which
I modified for a rack to strap pianos to, I preferred a 4 door sedan--
full size -- like a Corsica, Celebrity, Lumina, etc. A smaller car,
like a Cavalier is good if it is two-door with a hatchback, where the
rear seat folds down. When I had one of those I rigged a stand-off
that hitched on to the top of passenger seat for carrying vertical
actions--they stood up in the passenger well and lean back against
the standoff. The grand actions went into the back.

With the big car, I put a thin sheet of plywood on the rear seat
which made it easy to slide the actions across it.

Good luck.

Clair

Clair's Piano Service
http://www.vt2000.com/cps