What is CA glue?

Matt Wynne ptuner@optonline.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:15:23 -0400

At 12:18 AM 6/16/02 -0400,Bill Bremmer RPT wrote:
>It has some amazing properties and an endless list of applications.  It
>has provided piano technicians with many ways to effect repairs that were
>otherwise impossible or unfeasible.  Pinblock "doping" is a good example
>of this.  I always considered it a very dubious attempt at piano repair
>that only charlatans would engage in.  Still, I *rarely* would get involved.

You are applauded for your uncompromising morals.  Of course the proper
thing to do is replace the block or throw out the piano.  I don't know
about you, but I, and certainly plenty of people on this list, have clients
where neither of these scenarios is an option.  While you would *rarely*
try to help a customer in this situation, I see nothing wrong with keeping
their interests foremost in mind.  If  doping a block will allow them to
extend the use of their piano, and as long as they are warned that it is
not a permanent solution,  I see nothing wrong with offering this service.

-Matt Wynne