Inpact leavers

Jarred Finnigan jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:37:41 +0800

Hi There Corte Swearingen and list

I was interested by your post a little earlier today.  I have been
tuning for twenty years (age 15 - 35).  I purchased my first leaver in
the first week in started my apprenticeship, a top of the range hale
adjustable leaver.  As with most purchases we make in life we will
rarely regret a purchase of quality and nearly always rue the cheap and
nasty option.

A little over 18 months ago I was introduced to the impact tuning method
by Mitch K.. (of reyburn fame) while he was visiting Australia and was
instantly won over to the method, it just made logical sense to me
avoiding flag polling reducing twist etc.  Well 18 months latter and I
still haven't done anything about it.  I have heard similar comments to
yours regarding Schaff's offering and haven't really heard definitive
comments on other options, until now!  I would appreciate contact
details for Keith Bowman and Mike Swendsen and any other options worth
pursuing.  Obviously I would like to try before I buy but living in
Australia I guess that's not going to happen.  The next best thing is to
listen to the recommendations of others that know.  I would really
appreciate your input.

Jarred Finnigan