Inpact leavers

SUSAN P SWEARINGEN ssclabr8@flash.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:55:01 -0500

Hi Jarred,

For the T-hammer, you can reach Mike Swendsen at mike.swendsen@shaw.ca

For the upright impact hammer from Keith Bowman, contact Renner.  The =
website is www.rennerusa.com

I have found both keith and Mike very professional and they both do =
quality work and offer different options for the wood portion of the =
handle (my personal recommendation is Coca Bolo hardwood - it's =
beautiful!)

Good luck.

Corte Swearingen
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jarred Finnigan=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 6:37 PM
  Subject: Inpact leavers

  Hi There Corte Swearingen and list

  I was interested by your post a little earlier today.  I have been =
tuning for twenty years (age 15 - 35).  I purchased my first leaver in =
the first week in started my apprenticeship, a top of the range hale =
adjustable leaver.  As with most purchases we make in life we will =
rarely regret a purchase of quality and nearly always rue the cheap and =
nasty option.

  A little over 18 months ago I was introduced to the impact tuning =
method by Mitch K.. (of reyburn fame) while he was visiting Australia =
and was instantly won over to the method, it just made logical sense to =
me avoiding flag polling reducing twist etc.  Well 18 months latter and =
I still haven't done anything about it.  I have heard similar comments =
to yours regarding Schaff's offering and haven't really heard definitive =
comments on other options, until now!  I would appreciate contact =
details for Keith Bowman and Mike Swendsen and any other options worth =
pursuing.  Obviously I would like to try before I buy but living in =
Australia I guess that's not going to happen.  The next best thing is to =
listen to the recommendations of others that know.  I would really =
appreciate your input.

  Jarred Finnigan