Single Strings and bearing

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:15:30 -0700

What I mean is that I'm adding some half sized in gauge so that I will =
be adding hitch pins to accommodate a single on each of the lowest six =
unisons.  The wrap raises the string level by the diameter of the wire =
and it's just a bit more than the bearing at that end of the tenor =
bridge.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: June 16, 2002 6:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Single Strings and bearing

  In a message dated 6/16/2002 12:27:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, =

    Subj:Single Strings and bearing=20
    Date:6/16/2002 12:27:42 PM Pacific Standard Time
    From:davidlovepianos@earthlink.net
    Reply-to:pianotech@ptg.org
    To:pianotech@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

    David

    I find this wording below confusing. By single do you mean wrapped =
bi-chords

      I'm adding some single strings (6) to the lower part of the tenor =
section of a piano             to smooth out the scaling.>>>>>
         If so I wouldn't be all that cocerned. The extra mass and =
tension of the wrapped strings is what's moving the bridge.=20
    The bearing is minimal at the bottom of the tenor bridge and the =
singles with their=20

    wrap actually put those strings slightly negative.  Would you be =
concerned about those singles and therefore opt to compromise the =
scaling and omit them keeping a no singles pattern?  Or will they likely =
not be a problem since they won't change the overall pressure on the =
bridge that much. =20

  ... I vote keep them
              Dale>>>>>.

    David Love