Tuning Hammer and Technique for Novice

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:47:10 -0700

Like I said the trick is what NOT to take.  The truth is many techs
want to take everything and the kitchen sink with them to what,
invariably, is a simple piano tuning service call, which is of course
just fine!  I have been using a bag from Duluth Trading Company
(duluthtrading.com) called the gatemouth jr.   It has been perfect
with lots of little pockets inside, for my service kit...no shoulder
strap!  $20 or so.  The problem is it isn't the strongest material and
one of the pockets has worn through.  I could replace it every 6
months but I think the newer version are a cheaper fabric...So now
I bought the plumbers bag from them.  On sale for $50, all
leather...no pockets ;-[...leather and pretty well built, shoulder
strap...I also just received a small, reddish, leather bag that is
beautiful and strong.  This will be my ultra light kit...I'm in the midst
of figuring out what I can leave out...

David I.