Old Samick Leg Bolts

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:51:09 +1000

Elliot wrote;

>  I am trying to find some old leg bolts for a Samick (1980) G-3 or
>SG-185.
>
>. . . It is a 3" long 1/2 bolt with 12 threads per inch.  Bolt stores say that
>it should be 13 threads per inch and 12 threads per inch if the diameter is
>9/16.

The bolt stores are telling you this because they are only familiar
with the 1/2" UNC 60 degree thread form which has 13 threads per
inch. However, what you need is the 1/2" BSW 55 degree thread form
which has 12 threads per inch (early Kawai grands used the same
thread size also). The 1/2" is the only size of the Unified National
Course and British Standard Whitworth thread systems with a different
thread pitch.

>     I am getting the piano soon and don't know what to do.

See if you can find an agent for an English Car or Agricultural
machine. They may be able to help you with 1/2" BSW bolts.

Best.
Ron O.
--

        OVERS PIANOS