Old Bechstein

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:48:40 +0200

Pushing the wippen up and holding the key down they just unclip given =
enough pressure, not a fast job by any means

Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: romanop@attglobal.net=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:54 AM
  Subject: Old Bechstein

  List,

  I recently tuned an old Bechstein serial # 33593 (circa 1893 according =
to Pierce). The piano is in remarkably good shape for its age but does =
need regulating. I was about to jump in to do a quick touch up and =
wanted to include key easing. I could not for the life of me figure out =
how to remove the stack. It appears that some major disassembly has to =
take place just to get the stack off. The keys do not have capstans per =
se  but rather a little block that is screwed to the key and wippen. Do =
any of you with more experience with Bechsteins know the best and =
quickest way to proceed.=20

  Thanks,=20

  Phil Romano
  Myrtle Beach, SC